wwe-network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
wwe-network

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome To Wwe-NetWork Enjoy The Site Please Register|SmackDown Posted in HD Tonight SmackDown 8PM EST

UFC 97 Set To Go Ahead As Planned In Montreal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Me and my Mum
Admin

UFC 97 Set To Go Ahead As Planned In Montreal Empty
PostSubject: UFC 97 Set To Go Ahead As Planned In Montreal   UFC 97 Set To Go Ahead As Planned In Montreal EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 10:40 am

UFC 97 event planned for the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, has reportedly been saved.

Lat week Canadian officials said the UFC could not conduct the April 18 "UFC 97: Redemption" card with the UFC's current rules.

However, according to corussports.com, a French-language website that has covered the series of events, the UFC will prohibit foot stomps at the commission's request, but elbow and knee strikes will not be banned for the upcoming pay-per-view show.

A Bloodyelbow.com reader translated and summarized the article:

I'll summarize for those who don't know French:

- Lorenzo Fertita & Marc Ratner met with Richard Renault (RACJ head of combat sports) and Denis Racicot (RACJ president) Tuesday evening before flying to Europe later that night.

- The event will take place as scheduled under the usual UFC rules except for foot stomps being disallowed.

- RACJ will hold a press conference (no details specified) explaining the decision.
Back to top Go down
https://wwenetwork2.board-directory.net

UFC 97 Set To Go Ahead As Planned In Montreal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
wwe-network :: MMA/Boxing-Section :: Mma/Ufc News-
Jump to: